Do you know if you have gum disease? Thousands of people have gum disease and may not realize it until they are facing long-term damage or severe tooth loss. That is why understanding gum disease and learning how to fight it can save your teeth and smile from damaging consequences.
Our dentist, Dr. H Arthur Nelson with Nelson and Associates Frisco in Frisco, Texas, cares about your oral health, which is why we are happy to assist you with tips on how to fight gum disease.
Here is some intel on how gum disease:
– Fighting gum disease includes always making sure to improve your oral hygiene, which includes using safer techniques for brushing and flossing.
– Your dentist is a terrific resource to help combat gum disease. Your dentist can prescribe restorations and treatments that you may need.
– Professional cleanings from your dentist every six months can help prevent gum disease.
– Chewing sugarless gum after meals can help wash away acids that can lead to tooth decay,
– Avoid medications that produce dry mouth as a side effect, which is a known risk factor for gum disease. Talk to your doctor about medication options.
– A poor diet can contribute to gum disease. Instead, eat healthy foods and avoid unhealthy snacks.
– Stay away from tobacco products, as they are a known risk factor for gum disease.
If you have questions about your oral health, or if you have questions about gum disease, please call us today at 972-712-9919, so our dental team can make an appointment for you. We are happy to review your oral health and help you keep it on the best path.