Dr. H Arthur Nelson has recommended that you have a dental restoration placed. In many offices, this would mean that a traditional mold or impression would be taken. If you have ever had one of these impressions before, you know that they can be uncomfortable, goopy, and messy. Some patients even gag when a traditional impression is taken. At Nelson and Associates Frisco, there is no need to fret. Our dentist and team utilize a state-of-the-art digital scanner to ensure our patients’ comfort. This scanner allows us to take 3D digital impressions of the teeth.
Our dentist will use the handheld scanning device to scan your tooth or teeth quickly and easily. Some of the many benefits of digital impressions include:
– No messy, uncomfortable “goop.”
– Increased patient comfort.
– The 3D digital impressions are very precise and clear.
– They can be used to create dental restorations, like dental bridges and dental crowns, as well as orthodontic aligners like Invisalign®.
– If you ever feel uncomfortable, the scanner can be quickly taken out of your mouth. We can easily start and stop the scanning process if needed.
– Digital impressions take much less time than traditional molds.
We welcome you to contact our dental office today to learn more about digital impressions in Frisco, Texas, and to set up your next visit.